What Does LULAS Mean?LULAS means "Love You Like A Sister." The abbreviation LULAS can be considered a huge compliment between two female friends or a diplomatic way for a boy way to make it clear that he has no interest in a romantic relationship with one of his female friends. In the latter context, it is sometimes used as a response to the abbreviation ILY and other such declarations of love.
Of note, The abbreviation LULAS can be written as LYLAS and also as ILYLAS.
Image for LULAS
When I write LULAS, I mean this:
"Love You Like A Sister"
Summary of Key Points"Love You Like a Sister" is the most common definition for LULAS on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||Love You Like a Sister|
|Type:||Acronym and Abbreviation|
Adults and Teenagers
Examples of LULAS in SentencesHere are examples of LULAS being used in conversations:
- Rachel: Thanks Mary. I sometimes wonder what I would do without you.
- Mary: No problem at all. You know I LULAS.
- Anna: I am really beginning to think I might love you Dave.
- Dave: Ermm, thanks Anna. I LULAS .
An Academic Look at LULASLULAS is an initialism abbreviation. Technically, this means it is pronounced using its individual letters (i.e., Ell Yoo Ell Eh Ess), but as this is harder to say than "Love You Like A Sister," it is not often uttered using its letters. In other words, the abbreviation LULAS is for efficiency in writing and not efficiency in speech.
The abbreviation LULAS is normally used as a standalone declarative sentence (i.e., a statement) with the meaning "Love You Like A Sister." LULAS is not often used as another part of speech within a wider sentence.
What Did We Say before Texting and Social Media?Before the digital era, we might have just said something like "I Love You Like A Sister" instead of using the abbreviation LULAS.
Example of LULAS Used in a Text
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?
See AlsoILYLAS (I love you like a sister) LYLAS (love you like a sister) SIS (sister) LULAB (love you like a brother) LYLAB (love you like a brother) LYLMB (love you like my brother) ILYAAF (I love you as a friend) ILYAM (I love you as a mate)
QuizTry our fun quiz to test your knowledge of slang and texting abbreviations.
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.