What is a COVIDIOT? Can sounds give you brain tingles? What is a man looking for younger girls called? What is an "Unexplained Drinking Injury (UDI)"? What does QQ mean? P911 means parents are watching! Why does <4 mean "more than love"? What does DIAMOND HANDS mean? Send an encrypted message. Learn all the Snapchat emojis.
Search our site
What Does LYMI Mean?LYMI means "Love You, Mean It." The abbreviation LYMI is commonly seen as a flip, insincere way of signing off a conversation. Although it is a shortened form of the sentence "I love you and I mean it," which could be construed as heartfelt, it is generally taken to indicate a less sincere sentiment.
- "Love You, Mean It" can also be abbreviated as LUMI.
- To avoid confusion when expressing true love, it is probably best to use an abbreviation such as ILU (I Love You), rather than LYMI.
Image for LYMIWhen I write LYMI, I mean this: LYMI doesn't always mean that you mean it.
Summary of Key Points"Love You, Mean It" is the most common definition for LYMI on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||Love You, Mean It|
4: Difficult to guess
Adults and Teenagers
Examples of LYMI in SentencesHere are examples of LYMI being used in conversations:
- Shona: Are you still angry with me?
- Sammy: No, see you later. LYMI.
- Gill: I've posted the parcel for you.
- Wendy: Thanks so much for doing that. LYMI.
An Academic Look at LYMIAs it is pronounced using its individual letters (i.e., "El Why Em Eye"), LYMI is classified as an initialism abbreviation. Initialisms are different to acronyms, which are spoken like words.
What Did We Say before Texting and Social Media?Before the digital era, we might have said something like "Lots of love" or "Love you, bye" instead of using LYMI.
Example of LYMI Used in a Text
Help Us To Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?