What Does OANN Mean?OANN means "One America News Network."
The abbreviation OANN stands for "One America News Network," a cable TV channel based in San Diego, California, which was launched in 2013. OANN's programming reflects a Pro-Trump conservative perspective. The channel is known for promoting falsehoods and conspiracy theories. Amongst other things, OANN supported President Trump's baseless campaign to overturn the results of the 2020 presidential election and promoted his conspiracy theories about voter fraud.
In November 2020, OANN's YouTube channel was suspended and demonetized for one week, for falsely claiming the existence of a cure for COVID-19.
OANN is often referred to as OAN (One America News).
Image for OANN
When I write OANN, I mean this:
OANN means "One America News Network."
Summary of Key Points"One America News Network" is the most common definition for OANN on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Here is some more information about OANN.
|Definition:||One America News Network|
Adults and Teenagers
Examples of OANN in SentencesHere are examples of OANN being used in conversations:
- Ray: Stop the steal! They're killing our democracy!
- Sarah: Have you been watching OANN again?
- Pat: According to OANN, there are over 27 million illegals in the US right now!
- Mel: According to Marvin Gaye, the world is just a great big onion.
An Academic Look at OANNAs it is pronounced using its individual letters (i.e., "Oh Ay Enn Enn"), OANN is classified as an initialism abbreviation. However, OANN is not often spoken using its letters. It is usually employed for efficiency in writing and not efficiency in speech.
Example of OANN Used in a Text
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?
See Alsocnn (cable news network) cnn_n (cable news network (news)) ion (in other news, video gaming term) mto (media takeout (news channel), make to order, made to order) onbs (orre news broadcasting station (pokemon)) tntm (that's news to me)
QuizTry our fun quiz to test your knowledge of slang and texting abbreviations.
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.