What Does OBVZ Mean?The word OBVZ is shorthand for "obviously." It is usually seen as a single-word response to an obvious question or an obvious statement.
Image for OBVZ
When I write OBVZ, I mean this:
OBVZ is shorthand for obviously.
Summary of Key Points"Obviously" is the most common definition for OBVZ on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
2: Quite easy to guess
Adults and Teenagers
Examples of OBVZ in SentencesHere are examples of OBVZ being used in conversations:
- Charlie: You're in the paper for your court case!
- Jordan: OBVZ.
- Charlie: Are you going to John's leaving function?
- Jordan: OBVZ
An Academic Look at OBVZOBVZ is an adverb, but the verb it modifies is usually not stated. For example:
- Charlie: Are you going to John's leaving function
- Jordan: OBVZ [I am going]. (Here, the verb am going is understood but not stated.)
What Did We Say before Texting and Social Media?Before the digital era, we might have said something like "Oh, well done, Sherlock" or "There are no flies on you" instead of OBVZ.
Example of OBVZ Used in a Text
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?
See AlsoBAIT (obvious or axiomatic) BATE (obvious) DER (Really? you don't say (i.e. that is obvious)) DUH (Really? you don't say (i.e. that is obvious)) DUR (Really? you don't say (i.e. that is obvious)) IKH (I know, huh (i.e. it's obvious)) LDO (like duh, obviously) MOPO (master of the painfully obvious) MOTO (master of the obvious) OBS (obviously) OBVY (obviously) OVO (obviously)
QuizTry our fun quiz to test your knowledge of slang and texting abbreviations.
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.