What Does OCR Mean?OCR means "Optical Character Recognition." OCR refers to the mechanical or electronic recognition of printed or written text and its conversion into code for data processing.
Image for OCR
When I write OCR, I mean this:
OCR (Optical Character Recognition) is the conversion of printed text into the useable code.
Summary of Key Points"Optical Character Recognition" is the most common definition for OCR on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||Optical Character Recognition|
4: Difficult to guess
Examples of OCR in SentencesHere is an example of OCR being used in a conversation:
- Tony: The OCR can convert the text in the magazine for the website.
- Jordan: Excellent! It saves me typing it!
An Academic Look at OCRAs it is pronounced using its individual letters (i.e., "Oh Cee Ar"), OCR is classified as an initialism abbreviation. Initialisms are different to acronyms, which are spoken like words.
Example of OCR Used in a Text
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?
QuizTry our fun quiz to test your knowledge of slang and texting abbreviations.
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.