What Does ONG Mean?ONG means "On God."
In some internet and texting slang, especially among younger users, the abbreviation ONG (usually typed "ong") stands for "On God".
ONG is used to emphasize the sincerity or seriousness of a statement, akin to saying "I swear to God" (ISTG). For example:
- "ONG, that was the best concert I've ever been to!"
- "I've been studying all day. ONG, if I don't pass this exam, I don't know what I'll do."
- "You have to believe me, ONG, I didn't take your phone."
- "ONG, this is the hardest workout I've ever done."
- "That movie was so scary, ONG, I couldn't sleep all night."
Image for ONG
When I write ONG, I mean this:
"On God" means the same as "I swear to God."
Summary of Key Points"On God" is the most common definition for ONG on TikTok, Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
4: Difficult to guess
Adults and Teenagers
Example of ONG Used in a Text
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?
See AlsoAMG (ah my God) BTGOG (by the grace of God) FTLOG (for the love of God) HTG (honest to God) ONG (organizacion no gubernamental (Spanish for 'non-governmental organization' (NGO))) S2G (swear to God) STG (shoot 'em up, sterling, subthegamer, swear to God)
QuizTry our fun quiz to test your knowledge of slang and texting abbreviations.
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.