What Does PEOGAYO Mean?Peogayo means "Re-post."
The Korean slang word peogayo was used widely on South Korean social media until around 2010. It roughly translates as re-post/re-posts.
Peogayo sprang to worldwide public attention in October 2022, when BTS band member Jin posted a picture with fellow band members Jungkook and J-hope. The translation of Jin's caption read: "Thank you. If you guys appear there will be a greater increase in reposts (sic), right?"
Jungkook, Jin and J-hope
Image for PEOGAYO
When I write PEOGAYO, I mean this:
Summary of Key Points"Re-post" is the most common definition for PEOGAYO on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Type:||Word (Korean Slang)|
4: Difficult to guess
Adults and Teenagers
Example of PEOGAYO Used in a Text
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?
See AlsoBTS BIOT (BTS gay) ENHYPEN (South Korean boy band) HALLYU (Korean wave) K- (Korean) K-POP (Korean pop music) K-STYLE (Korean style) KONGLISH (Korean-English) MANHWA (genre of Korean cartoons and comic books)
QuizTry our fun quiz to test your knowledge of slang and texting abbreviations.
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.