What is a COVIDIOT? Can sounds give you brain tingles? What is a man looking for younger girls called? What is an "Unexplained Drinking Injury (UDI)"? What does QQ mean? P911 means parents are watching! Why does <4 mean "more than love"? What does DIAMOND HANDS mean? Send an encrypted message. Learn all the Snapchat emojis.
Search our site
What Does RASTA Mean?RASTA means "Rastafarian." A Rastafarian is a person who adheres to the Rastafari belief. The Rastafari belief developed in Jamaica in the 1930s after the 1930 coronation of Haile Selassie I as Emperor of Ethiopia. Those who follow the Rastafari way of life are known as Rastafari, Rastas or Rastafarians. The term Rastafari comes from Ras (which means head in Amharic) and Tafari Makonnen, which was Haile Selassie I's first name before his coronation.
Online, the term RASTA is used far more widely to refer to people who dress and act in a similar fashion to the late singer Bob Marley, who is undoubtedly the most famous Rastafarian. Typically, this would include wearing their hair in dreadlocks, smoking weed, and wearing clothing which is red, gold and green (the colours of the Ethiopian flag).
Summary of Key Points"Rastafarian" is the most common definition for RASTA on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Type:||Slang Word (Jargon)|
1: Easy to guess
Adults and Teenagers
Image for RASTAWhen I write RASTA, I mean this: A RASTA is someone who adheres to the Rastafari belief.
Examples of RASTA in SentencesHere are examples of RASTA being used in conversations:
- Tony: I think I might become a RASTA.
- Jordan: Why?
- Jordan: I found a red, gold and green hat on the moor.
- Tony: Why have you started talking like a RASTA and walking with a cool swagger?
- Jordan: Ah, sorry, I've been listening to a lot of Bob Marley recently.
An Academic Look at RASTARASTA is a shortened version of Rastafarian and is therefore classified as a contraction.
Example of RASTA Used in a Text
"Cyber Speak" TestYou now know what RASTA means, but are you good at Cyber Speak? Well, let's see!
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?