What is a COVIDIOT? Can sounds give you brain tingles? What is a man looking for younger girls called? What is an "Unexplained Drinking Injury (UDI)"? What does QQ mean? P911 means parents are watching! Why does <4 mean "more than love"? What does DIAMOND HANDS mean? Send an encrypted message. Learn all the Snapchat emojis.
Search our site
What Does RINSTA Mean?RINSTA means "Real Instagram." RINSTA means “real Instagram.” The term RINSTA was formed by combining the words “real” and “Insta” (short for Instagram.) It only exists to distinguish between a real account (RINSTA) and a fake account (FINSTA), it is therefore used much less.
A FINSTA is a side account where teenagers can share how they're really feeling with a select group of followers (usually close friends, or family). On a RINSTA, a user usually keeps their account public and posts flattering and positive pictures. The main goal of a RINSTA is to gain followers, portray the best possible life, or to keep in theme with an Instagram grid. None of this matters on a FINSTA. Instagram started in 2010, and by 2015 this distinction between “real Instagram” and “fake Instagram” was already being observed.
Image for RINSTAWhen I write RINSTA, I mean this: [Rinstas are usually public accounts.]
Summary of Key Points"Real Instagram" is the most common definition for RINSTA on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
Adults, Teenagers, and Under 13s
Examples of RINSTA in SentencesHere are examples of RINSTA being used in conversations:
- Joe: Why do you have two Instagram accounts?
- Ellie: One's my RINSTA, that's my main account, and the other is my private account.
- Taylor: Why do you follow my FINTA but not my RINSTA?
- Selena: I prefer to see the real you.
An Academic Look at RINSTAThe term RINSTA is a portmanteau word, which is the term for when two words are merged into one. SPEXY (from spectacles and sexy) is another example of a portmanteau word. Obviously, the term RINSTA is an amalgam of the words real and Insta(gram).
Example of RINSTA Used in a Text
"Cyber Speak" TestYou now know what RINSTA means, but are you good at Cyber Speak? Well, let's see!
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?