What is a COVIDIOT? Can sounds give you brain tingles? What is a man looking for younger girls called? What is an "Unexplained Drinking Injury (UDI)"? What does QQ mean? P911 means parents are watching! Why does <4 mean "more than love"? What does DIAMOND HANDS mean? Send an encrypted message. Learn all the Snapchat emojis.
Search our site
What Does SHK Mean?SHK means "Should Have Known."
The abbreviation SHK is used with the meaning "Should Have Known" as an admission or accusation of responsibility or guilt when someone has made a mistake that they had the knowledge or experience to avoid.
SHK is often used with the meaning "I Should Have Known" (which can be directly abbreviated as ISHK), but can also be used to mean "You Should Have Known" or "He Should Have Known."
Image for SHKWhen I write SHK, I mean this: SHK this puzzle would be difficult.
Summary of Key Points"Should Have Known" is the most common definition for SHK on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||Should Have Known|
2: Quite easy to guess
Adults and Teenagers
Examples of SHK in SentencesHere are examples of SHK being used in conversations:
- Rick: Turns out it wasn't even his car.
- Tom: SHK he couldn't afford a car like that. (Here, SHK is being used with the meaning "I Should Have Known.")
- Rachel: He didn't turn up again last night.
- Vinnie: SHK he would let you down again. When are you going to learn? (Here, SHK is being used with the meaning "You Should Have Known.")
An Academic Look at SHKAs it is pronounced using its individual letters (i.e., "Ess Aitch Kay"), SHK is classified as an initialism abbreviation. Initialisms are different to acronyms, which are spoken like words.
What Did We Say before Texting and Social Media?Before the digital era, we would have just said "Should Have Known" or something like "I'm Not Surprised" instead of using the abbreviation SHK.
Example of SHK Used in a Text
Help Us To Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?