What is a COVIDIOT? Can sounds give you brain tingles? What is a man looking for younger girls called? What is an "Unexplained Drinking Injury (UDI)"? What does QQ mean? P911 means parents are watching! Why does <4 mean "more than love"? What does DIAMOND HANDS mean? Send an encrypted message. Learn all the Snapchat emojis.
What Does THICC Mean?THICC means "Big, Curvy and Sexy."
The word THICC (pronounced "Tick") is used to describe a person (usually a woman) with a body that is "Big, Curvy and Sexy." Typically, a woman who is THICC will have an hourglass or pear-shaped figure, with particularly large buttocks and thighs. THICC is generally considered a compliment and is intended to show appreciation for bodies that do not conform with the "tyranny of thinness."
The term THICC has been in use since at least the early 2000s. It was most commonly used in Black American culture, but became very popular in 2017, when pop star Rihanna's fans used it to refer to her new figure.
Here is a video summarizing "THICC": Check out the original "THICC" meme by Anthony Fantano.
Summary of Key Points"Big, Curvy and Sexy" is the most common definition for THICC on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||Big, Curvy and Sexy|
|Type:||Slang Word (Jargon)|
Adults and Teenagers
Image for THICCWhen I write THICC, I mean this:
Here's Rihanna, looking THICC.
Examples of THICC in SentencesHere are examples of THICC being used in conversations:
- Leah: Do you think my thighs are too big?
- Robin: No way! I love your thighs. They're so THICC!
- Dee: He called me THICC! I'm so insulted. Do you think I'm stupid?
- Julie: Ha ha! He likes your curves. THICC is a good thing!
An Academic Look at THICCTHICC is a neologism (i.e., a newly coined word or term which has emerged into everyday usage). Some neologisms are formally accepted into mainstream language (at which point, they cease to be neologisms) and some wither until they can longer be considered everyday terms. A neologism can be:
- A completely new word (e.g., Oversharers).
- A new combination of existing words (e.g., Digital detox).
- A new meaning for an existing word (e.g., Sick).
- Rihanna has gotten so THICC. I love her new curvy look.
(Here, the adjective THICC modifies (describes) the noun Rihanna.)
Example of THICC Used in a Text
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Did you know a slang term that we've missed?