THE SHIT HIT THE FAN
What Does "The Shit Hit The Fan" Mean?"The Shit Hit The Fan" means "A Difficult or Controversial Situation Suddenly Caused a Lot of Trouble."
"The shit hit the fan" is a common, though crude, idiom in English. It's used to describe a situation where something has gone seriously wrong, and the consequences were widespread and chaotic. Essentially, it signifies that a problem or crisis occurred and caused a lot of trouble. For example:
- When they found out what we had really been doing, the shit hit the fan.
- When the cat pooped in the aircon, the shit really hit the fan!
Check out our complete guide to talking shit.
Image for The Shit Hit The Fan
When I write The Shit Hit The Fan, I mean this:
"A Difficult or Controversial Situation Suddenly Caused a Lot of Trouble"
Summary of Key Points"A Difficult or Controversial Situation Suddenly Caused a Lot of Trouble" is the most common definition for The Shit Hit The Fan on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|The Shit Hit The Fan|
|Definition:||A Difficult or Controversial Situation Suddenly Caused a Lot of Trouble|
Adults and Teenagers
Example of The Shit Hit The Fan Used in a Text
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?
See AlsoAPESHIT (state of extreme anger, excitement, or agitation) AS SHIT (expression of intensity or emphasis) BATSHIT (irrational, crazy, or mentally unstable) BULLSHIT (false, deceptive, exaggerated, or nonsensical) CHICKENSHIT (cowardly, timid, or unimportant) CRAZY SHIT (extremely unusual, bizarre, or unexpected) DEEP SHIT (extremely difficult, problematic, or serious situation) DIPSHIT (foolish, idiotic, or incompetent person) DOGSHIT (poor quality, worthless, or disappointing) FEEL SHIT (feel bad, unwell, or miserable)
QuizTry our fun quiz to test your knowledge of slang and texting abbreviations.
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.