What Does Tilt Mean?Tilt means "Lose Emotional Control."
The word tilt (as in "to cause to lean, incline, slope, or slant") is used as a slang word to refer to someone who loses emotional control and acts irrationally. Tilt is particularly popular in gaming circles, for example:
- When they refused to accept my credit card, I just went tilt! Anyway, can you please pay my bail?
- Sam always tilts when you take her bases. It's so funny to watch!
Image for Tilt
When I write Tilt, I mean this:
"Lose Emotional Control"
Summary of Key Points"Lose Emotional Control" is the most common definition for tilt on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||Lose Emotional Control|
2: Quite easy to guess
Adults and Teenagers
An Academic Look at TiltWhen used to mean "lose emotional control," tilt is a slang word. Slang refers to words, phrases and uses of language that are regarded as very informal and which are often restricted to a special context or a particular group of users.
What Did We Say before Texting and Social Media?The use of tilt to mean "lose emotional control" pre-dates the digital era.
Example of tilt Used in a Text
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?
See Also:@ (angry) D:< (angry) >,< (angry) AGGY (agitated, angry, annoyed) AVGN (angry video game nerd) DROVE (angry) GRR (sign of anger) HANGRY (hunger compounded by anger) RAGING (very angry) RIPPING (very angry)
QuizTry our fun quiz to test your knowledge of slang and texting abbreviations.
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.