UNDERSTOOD THE ASSIGNMENT
What Does Understood the Assignment Mean?The phrase "understood the assignment" is a slang term used to praise someone who goes "above and beyond" to do a good job, or who is always "on the money." For example:
- She called a party the moment her parents announced their vacation. She absolutely understood the assignment.
- Christian Bale was the best batman ever. He totally understood the assignment.
- When Will Smith punched Chris Rock, I don't think he quite understood the assignment.
In October 2021, American rapper Tay Money released a song titled "The Assignment" and posted a clip on TikTok that said "I understood the assignment." This sparked a slew of vines using the hashtag #theassignment showing users excelling at something.
Tay Money - The Assignment (Official Video)
Image for Understood the Assignment
When I write Understood the Assignment, I mean this:
"Understood the Assignment" is praise for something done well.
Summary of Key Points"Excelled at Something" is the most common definition for UNDERSTOOD THE ASSIGNMENT on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|UNDERSTOOD THE ASSIGNMENT|
|Definition:||Excelled at Something|
Adults and Teenagers
Example of UNDERSTOOD THE ASSIGNMENT Used in a Text
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?
See AlsoBRAVO (person, well done) CHOKE (to fail under pressure) CWOT (complete waste of time) EPIC FAIL (total failure) FAIL (failure) JWD (job well done)LFMF (learn from my fail) MOAM (man on a mission) WD (well done)
QuizTry our fun quiz to test your knowledge of slang and texting abbreviations.
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.