What Does Epic Fail Mean?"Epic Fail" means "Absolute Disaster" or "Complete Failure."
"Epic fail" is a colloquial term used to describe a situation or event that is an absolute disaster or a complete failure. It's often used to describe a particularly significant or memorable failure that is so spectacularly bad that it's almost impressive in its magnitude.
The term "epic" implies that the failure is on a grand scale and may have far-reaching consequences or be particularly memorable. For example, a company's launch of a new product that completely flops and results in significant financial losses could be considered an epic fail. Alternatively, a student who studies for months for an exam but still fails it miserably could also be said to have experienced an epic fail.
On a lighter note, there are several websites and YouTube channels that use the term "epic fail" as part of their branding or content focus. Some of these channels and websites showcase humorous videos or images of people failing at various activities or tasks, while others may use the term more broadly to describe any notable failures in different contexts.
Image for Epic Fail
When I write Epic Fail, I mean this:
"Epic fail" often describes an embarrassing (yet hilarious) mistake.
Summary of Key Points
Definition for Epic Fail"Absolute Disaster" or "Complete Failure" are the most common meanings for Epic Fail on social-media platforms such as TikTok, Twitter, Facebook, and Snapchat.
|Definition:||Absolute Disaster or Complete Failure|
|Type:||Slang Word (Jargon)|
1: Easy to guess
Adults and Teenagers
Examples of Epic Fail in SentencesHere are examples of Epic Fail being used in conversations:
- Tony: I spent three hours making a cake and decorating it last night. I woke up this morning and the cat had been at it.
- Jordan: Epic Fail!
- Tony: Your make-up looks like you put it on with a paint roller. Epic Fail!
- Jordan: It's my new foundation!
An Academic Look at Epic FailEpic Fail is typically used as a noun (i.e., a naming word). For example:
- Tonight was an Epic Fail. (Here, Epic Fail is being used as a noun.)
Example of Epic Fail Used in a Text
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?
See AlsoEFG (Epic Fail guy) FAIL (failure) FINO (failure is not an option) FOF (full of fail) LFMF (learn from my fail) MTBF (mean time between failures) RUD (rapid unscheduled disassembly) SOHF (sense of humor failure) TBTF (too big to fail) UF (you fail)
QuizTry our fun quiz to test your knowledge of slang and texting abbreviations.
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.