What Does Vibe Shift Mean?Vibe Shift means "Cultural Change."
In February 2022, the term Vibe Shift went viral online, generating an avalanche of articles by fashionistas and other bloggers and writers obsessed with pop culture. A Vibe Shift was defined as a dramatic cultural change, of a sort seen rarely in the past, that would leave image-obsessed people who couldn't keep up with the new vibe floundering like cheugys in a vain attempt to adapt to the new trends.
Of course, most grown-ups couldn't give a .
Image for Vibe Shift
When I write Vibe Shift, I mean this:
Summary of Key Points"Cultural Change" is the most common definition for Vibe Shift on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
Adults and Teenagers
Example of Vibe Shift Used in a Text
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?
See AlsoBASED (cool and confident, correct) BV (bad vibe) COOL (good, relaxed, stylish) GV (good vibe) FOP (financial operating plan, man obsessed with fashion) GOTH (gothic (fashion or lifestyle)) HYPEBEAST (a fashion victim) VIBE CHECK (how are you/we?, what's your opinion of ..?)
QuizTry our fun quiz to test your knowledge of slang and texting abbreviations.
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.