What Does YGTBKM Mean?YGTBKM (You've Got To Be Kidding Me) is an exclamatory sentence to show a strong emotion such as surprise, joy, or disgust. It is typically used in response to some shocking news, but it can also be used to initiate a conversation, in which case it carries the connotation of "You'll never guess what I've just found out."
Image for YGTBKM
When I write YGTBKM, I mean this:
YGTBKM is an exclamation meaning "You have got to be kidding me."
Summary of Key Points"You've Got to Be Kidding Me" is the most common definition for YGTBKM on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||You've Got to Be Kidding Me|
2: Quite easy to guess
Adults and Teenagers
Examples of YGTBKM in SentencesHere are examples of YGTBKM being used in conversations:
- Charlie: Simon got the promotion.
- Jordan: YGTBKM! (Here, YGTBKM is used as a response.)
- Charlie: YGTBKM!
- Jordan: What?
- Charlie: Simon got the promotion. (Here, YGTBKM is used to initiate a conversation.)
An Academic Look at YGTBKMYGTBKM is used as a standalone exclamatory sentence. (In other words, it is not used as another part of speech within a wider sentence.) Even though YGTBKM is an exclamation, it is not always followed by an exclamation mark.
As it is pronounced using its individual letters (i.e., "Why Gee Tee Bee Kay Em"), YGTBKM is classified as an initialism abbreviation. Initialisms are different to acronyms, which are spoken like words.
What Did We Say before Texting and Social Media?Before the digital era, we might have said something like "You're joking, right?" or "Gadzooks!" instead of YGTBKM.
Example of YGTBKM Used in a Text
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?
See AlsoAYKM (are you kidding me?) IJK (I'm just kidding) JK (just kidding) JKL (just kidding loser) NK (no kidding?) OK (only kidding) RUKM (are you kidding me?) UG2BK (you've got to be kidding) YGTBK (you've got to be kidding) YK (you're kidding!)
QuizTry our fun quiz to test your knowledge of slang and texting abbreviations.
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.