What Does :-P Mean?:-P means "Sticking Tongue Out." This icon represents cheekiness or playfulness. When typed using the characters of a keyboard, the colon represents the eyes, the hyphen represents the nose, and the "P" represents a mouth with a tongue.
The icon also exists with a winking eye and without a nose:
Image for :-P
When I write :-P, I mean this:
eyes (:), nose (-), and a mouth with tongue (P)
Summary of Key Points"Sticking Tongue Out" is the most common definition for :-P on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||Sticking Tongue Out|
2: Quite easy to guess
Adults and Teenagers
Examples of :-P in SentencesHere are examples of :-P being used in conversations:
- Carl: Would you like your nose back? I found it in my business :-P.
- Dawn: You're a funny guy. I'll kill you last.
An Academic Look at :-PBeing a pictorial representation, :P is an icon. (The definition of an icon is a graphic representation of something, a person or thing that is symbolic.)
Example of :-P Used in a Text
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?
See Also:| (not funny) ;P (winking and sticking tongue out) :'( (crying) :& (tongue tied) :0 (surprised) New ways to say I love you Text-speak using just numbers A list of dating terms
QuizTry our fun quiz to test your knowledge of slang and texting abbreviations.
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.