What is a COVIDIOT? Can sounds give you brain tingles? What is a man looking for younger girls called? What is an "Unexplained Drinking Injury (UDI)"? What does QQ mean? P911 means parents are watching! Why does <4 mean "more than love"? What does DIAMOND HANDS mean? Send an encrypted message. Learn all the Snapchat emojis.
Search our site
What Does AFAICT Mean?AFAICT means "As Far As I Can Tell." AFAICT is typically used to indicate that a statement you have made is based on your personal understanding of a situation. The abbreviation is a caveat meaning "I am not completely certain, but I think"
Of note, AFAICT has the same meaning as AFAICS (As Far As I Can See).
Image for AFAICTWhen I write AFAICT, I mean this: AFAICT means "I'm not putting my ass on the line, Comrade President."
Summary of Key Points"As Far As I Can Tell" is the most common definition for AFAICT on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||As Far As I Can Tell|
Adults and Teenagers
Examples of AFAICT in SentencesHere are examples of AFAICT being used in conversations:
- Sam: AFAICT politicians and diapers have one thing in common. They should both be changed regularly, and for the same reason.
- Celine: AFAICT artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.
An Academic Look at AFAICTAFAICT is an initialism abbreviation. Technically, this means it is pronounced using its individual letters (i.e., Aay Eff Aay Eye Cee Tee), but as this is harder to say than "As far as I can tell," it is not often uttered using its letters. In other words, the abbreviation AFAICT is for efficiency in writing and not efficiency in speech.
What Did We Say before Texting and Social Media?Before the digital era, we would have just written "As Far As I Can Tell" instead of using the abbreviation AFAICT.
Example of AFAICT Used in a Text
"Cyber Speak" TestYou now know what AFAICT means, but are you good at Cyber Speak? Well, let's see!
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?