What is a COVIDIOT? Can sounds give you brain tingles? What is a man looking for younger girls called? What is an "Unexplained Drinking Injury (UDI)"? What does QQ mean? P911 means parents are watching! Why does <4 mean "more than love"? What does DIAMOND HANDS mean? Send an encrypted message. Learn all the Snapchat emojis.
Search our site
What Does AFAICS Mean?AFAICS means "As Far As I Can See." AFAICS is typically used at the start of a statement to make it clear the statement is a personal opinion or a personal take on the situation.
AFAICS can also be used like a caveat meaning "I am not 100% certain, but I think…"
Image for AFAICSWhen I write AFAICS, I mean this: AFAICS is a caveat meaning "As far as I can see..."
Summary of Key Points"As Far As I Can See" is the most common definition for AFAICS on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||As Far As I Can See|
Adults and Teenagers
Examples of AFAICS in SentencesHere is an example of AFAICS being used in a conversation:
- Charlie: Are you sure that no one else has put a bid on that car yet?
- Jordan: AFAICS they have not. (Here, the caveat AFAICS indicates a lack of certainty associated with the statement.)
An Academic Look at AFAICSAFAICS is used like an adverb of concession, which is similar in meaning to "although this is just my opinion." When used at the start of a sentence, an adverb of concession (or any adverbial phrase) is often followed by a comma to separate it from the main clause. However, in text speak or in online chat forums, this comma is usually omitted for brevity.
What Did We Say before Texting and Social Media?Before the digital era, we might have said something like "I am of the opinion that" instead of AFAICS.
Example of AFAICS Used in a Text
"Cyber Speak" TestYou now know what AFAICS means, but are you good at Cyber Speak? Well, let's see!
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?