What is a COVIDIOT? Can sounds give you brain tingles? What is a man looking for younger girls called? What is an "Unexplained Drinking Injury (UDI)"? What does QQ mean? P911 means parents are watching! Why does <4 mean "more than love"? What does DIAMOND HANDS mean? Send an encrypted message. Learn all the Snapchat emojis.
Search our site
What Does BTT Mean?BTT means "Bump to Top." The abbreviation BTT is used in chat forums and on message boards to move or "bump" a message thread (i.e., a conversation) to the top of the page. This is usually done by simply adding a comment (with the term BTT in it) that makes the thread the most recent, which usually puts it to the top again. The purpose of BTT-ing a thread is to encourage visitors to the site to engage on the thread topic.
Image for BTTWhen I write BTT, I mean this: BTT means "Bump To Top."
Summary of Key Points"Bump to Top (relates to posts of forums)" is the most common definition for BTT on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||Bump to Top (relates to posts of forums)|
4: Difficult to guess
Adults and Teenagers
Examples of BTT in SentencesHere are examples of BTT being used in conversations:
- Aaron: Your post hasn't had many hits this week.
- Ben: Yeah, I'll BTT to get it seen.
- Rhea: She's never going to sell that.
- Todd: I know, she BTT, but no-one ever comments.
An Academic Look at BTTBTT can be used as a verb or a noun. For example:
- I will BTT that thread. (Here, BTT is being used as a verb.)
- I have done a BTT to this thread to keep the conversation going. (Here, BTT is being used as a noun.)
Example of BTT Used in a Text
Help Us To Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?