What Does Reup Mean?Reup means "Re-Post" and "Resupply." Here is more information about each of these definitions with examples.
Re-PostOn social media and chat forums, "reup" means to re-post or re-share content that has already been shared online. This is often done with the intention of increasing a posts visibility or spreading it to a wider audience. For example:
- Why did you reup that post about qanon? You need to get out and touch grass!
- I have reupped your post on Facebook. Fingers crossed you get some more likes.
ResupplyAnother meaning of "reup" is to replenish, restock, or resupply something. In this context, "reup" is often used in reference to illegal or illicit substances and means to purchase or obtain more of a particular substance in order to continue using or selling it. For example:
- Did you reup with Sam? I so need a bong tonight!
Image for Reup
When I write Reup, I mean this:
Summary of Key Points for the First Definition"Re-Post" is the most common definition for Reup on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
Adults and Teenagers
Summary of Key Points for the Second Definition"Resupply" is another common definition for Reup.
Adults and Teenagers
An Academic Look at ReupWhether used with the meaning "re-post" or "resupply," "reup" is a slang term. Slang is informal language that consists of words, phrases, and uses of language that are often restricted to a specific context or a particular group of users. Slang is not typically used in formal or professional settings.
Example of Reup Used in a Text
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?
See AlsoABP (already been posted) AUP (acceptable use policy, another useless post) BTT (bump to top (relates to posts of forums)) BUMP (bring up my post) CROSSPOST (post same content on various platforms or in multiple groups) DEEPLIKING (scrolling back through someone's old social media posts and liking them) SH*TPOST (post poor quality content online) VAGUEPOST (intentionally vague social media post)
QuizTry our fun quiz to test your knowledge of slang and texting abbreviations.
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.