What Does EBCAK Mean?EBCAK (Error Between Chair and Keyboard) is used to highlight a mistake by a computer user (as opposed to a software or hardware fault). An EBCAK is usually a basic mistake, such as pressing the wrong button or typing the wrong word.
Image for EBCAK
When I write EBCAK, I mean this:
EBCAK is a common way of saying "user error."
Summary of Key Points"Error Between Chair and Keyboard" is the most common definition for EBCAK on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||Error Between Chair and Keyboard|
4: Difficult to guess
Adults and Teenagers
Examples of EBCAK in SentencesHere is an example of EBCAK being used in a conversation:
- Charlie: I note you put 10 Euros in my account and not 110 Euros.
- Jordan: Ah, sorry EBCAK.
An Academic Look at EBCAKEBCAK is typically used as a noun (i.e., a naming word). For example:
- That was an EBCAK. (Here, EBCAK is being used as a noun.)
Of note, EBCAK is an acronym (i.e., an abbreviation spoken like a word). Acronyms differ from initialism abbreviations, which are pronounced using their individual letters.
What Did We Say before Texting and Social Media?Before the digital era, we might have said something like "Many a slip 'twix cup and lip" instead of EBCAK. (This saying also denotes that things can go wrong in the final moments.)
Example of EBCAK Used in a Text
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?
See AlsoPEBCAK (problem exists between chair and keyboard) BLOOPER (mistake) FAUX PAS (mistake (from the French for "false step")) GAFF (mistake) GLITCH (temporary mistake) TYPO (typing mistake) JEJEMON (people who type stupidly) * (spelling correction) CMIIW (correct me if I'm wrong) CMIIWB (correct me if I'm wrong, but)
QuizTry our fun quiz to test your knowledge of slang and texting abbreviations.
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.