What Does UF Mean?UF means "You Fail."
In gaming related chat on social media and on apps such as Discord, UF usually means "You Fail." It is used to indicate that someone did not succeed or perform well in a particular game or challenge.
UF is commonly used to express disappointment or frustration, or to taunt another player who made a mistake or was unsuccessful in achieving their objective. For example:
- "UF! Are you sure you've played before?!"
- "We lost because you weren't online when I needed you. UF!"
Check out our complete list of gaming terms.
Image for UF
When I write UF, I mean this:
UF is commonly used to taunt an opponent.
Summary of Key Points"You Fail" is the most common definition for UF in gaming-related chat on Discord, as well as on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
4: Difficult to guess
Adults and Teenagers
An Academic Look at UFUF is typically used as a standalone declarative sentence (i.e., a statement) with the meaning "You fail" (i.e., "you were unsuccessful, or negligent, or performed poorly").
UF is classified as an initialism. Initialisms are abbreviations pronounced one letter at a time.
Other examples of initialisms are:
Example of UF Used in a Text
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?
See AlsoBOMB (excellent, failure) CHOKE (to fail under pressure) EFG (epic fail guy) EPIC FAIL (absolute disaster, complete failure) FAIL (failure) FOF (full of fail) MTBF (mean time between failures) TBTF (too big to fail) WAEFRD (when all else fails, read directions)
QuizTry our fun quiz to test your knowledge of slang and texting abbreviations.
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.