What Does ESTD Mean?ESTD means "Easier Said Than Done." The abbreviation ESTD refers to something that might be a good idea in theory and is easy to talk about, but would be much harder to put into practice (e.g., rowing the channel or running a four-minute mile).
Image for ESTD
When I write ESTD, I mean this:
ESTD means something is easy to talk about, but harder to do.
Summary of Key Points"Easier Said Than Done" is the most common definition for ESTD on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||Easier Said Than Done|
Adults and Teenagers
Examples of ESTD in SentencesHere are examples of ESTD being used in conversations:
- Martin: I am off to the bank as I need a loan to buy a house.
- Kelly: Good luck with that. It is ESTD these days.
- Charlotte: I would be really good on the catwalk if I could get a job as a model.
- Marion: ESTD. All the girls your age want to be one.
An Academic Look at ESTDESTD is typically used as an informal adverbial phrase of manner. An adverbial phrase of manner modifies a verb to describe how the verb is performed.
In this instance, the use of "easier" as an adverb, whilst common, is seen as archaic. A more grammatically acceptable version would be "It is more easily said than done."
The saying "Easier said than done" should not be used in formal writing.
Example of ESTD Used in a Text
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?
See AlsoGRULE (Hard Work) DNA (Does Not Apply) DNE (Does Not Exist) ITN (I Think Not) NAC (Not A Chance) NGH (Not Gonna Happen) OWOA (One Way Or Another) TAI (Think About It) YT (You Think?) AGH (Ain't Gonna Happen) NGH (Not Gonna Happen) NMWH (No Matter What Happens)
QuizTry our fun quiz to test your knowledge of slang and texting abbreviations.
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.