What is a COVIDIOT? Can sounds give you brain tingles? What is a man looking for younger girls called? What is an "Unexplained Drinking Injury (UDI)"? What does QQ mean? P911 means parents are watching! Why does <4 mean "more than love"? What does DIAMOND HANDS mean? Send an encrypted message. Learn all the Snapchat emojis.
Search our site
What Does FHS Mean?FHS means "For Heaven's Sake."The abbreviation FHS is used as an exclamation of annoyance, frustration or exasperation.
Abbreviations with similar meanings to FHS include FCS (For Christ's Sake) and FGS (For God's Sake). All of these exclamations have religious connotations. To express the same emotion without religious inference, you could use FCOL (For Crying Out Loud).
Image for FHSWhen I write FHS, I mean this: FHS shows exasperation or annoyance at someone or something.
Summary of Key Points"For Heaven's Sake" is the most common definition for FHS on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||For Heaven's Sake|
Adults and Teenagers
Examples of FHS in SentencesHere are examples of FHS being used in conversations:
- Tim: Can I have your picture so I can show Santa what I want for Christmas?
- Sophie: FHS! I've told you so many times! No, I'm married!
- Amanda: Oh no! I've forgotten my passport.
- Nick: FHS! You've had weeks to get ready for this holiday!
An Academic Look at FHSFHS is an interjection. An interjection is not grammatically related to any other part of the sentence. It is included in a sentence (usually at the start) to express a sentiment such as surprise, disgust, joy, excitement, annoyance or enthusiasm. In formal writing, interjections are often offset from the surrounding words with commas. For example:
- You're late again, FHS! (Here, FHS expresses exasperation or annoyance.)
Example of FHS Used in a Text
Help Us To Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?