What is a COVIDIOT? Can sounds give you brain tingles? What is a man looking for younger girls called? What is an "Unexplained Drinking Injury (UDI)"? What does QQ mean? P911 means parents are watching! Why does <4 mean "more than love"? What does DIAMOND HANDS mean? Send an encrypted message. Learn all the Snapchat emojis.
Search our site
What Does OFGS Mean?OFGS means "Oh, For God's Sake!". The abbreviation OFGS is used to express surprise, irritation or frustration. It is often used to add emphasis to a request or question.
OFGS is very similar in meaning to the abbreviations FGS (For God's Sake), FCS (For Christ's Sake) and FHS (For Heaven's Sake). Care should be taken when using any of these abbreviations, as some Christians will find the use of religious terms in this context offensive.
"Oh, For God's Sake!" was a catchphrase of Dr. Frasier Crane, the lead character in the sitcom "Frasier," broadcast on NBC from 1993 to 2004.
Image for OFGSWhen I write OFGS, I mean this: OFGS expresses exasperation or annoyance.
Summary of Key Points"Oh, For God's Sake!" is the most common definition for OFGS on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||Oh, For God's Sake!|
2: Quite easy to guess
Adults and Teenagers
Examples of OFGS in SentencesHere are examples of OFGS being used in conversations:
- Linda: I forgot to buy the wine.
- Carol: OFGS! You only had one job to do!
- Joe: Can I borrow your soccer boots?
- Steve: OFGS! You wear them more than I do!
An Academic Look at OFGSAs it is pronounced using its individual letters (i.e., "Oh Eff Gee Ess"), OFGS is classified as an initialism abbreviation. Initialisms are different to acronyms, which are spoken like words.
OFGS is an exclamatory sentence. An exclamatory sentence, or exclamation, is a more forceful version of a declarative sentence. An exclamatory sentence makes a statement (just like a declarative sentence), but it also conveys excitement or emotion. An exclamatory sentence ends with an exclamation mark (!). For example:
- We won! (Expresses happiness.)
- You were meant to be back yesterday! (Expresses anger.)
What Did We Say before Texting and Social Media?Before the digital era, we might have just said "Oh, For God's Sake" instead of using the abbreviation OFGS.
Example of OFGS Used in a Text
"Cyber Speak" TestYou now know what OFGS means, but are you good at Cyber Speak? Well, let's see!
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?