What is a COVIDIOT? Can sounds give you brain tingles? What is a man looking for younger girls called? What is an "Unexplained Drinking Injury (UDI)"? What does QQ mean? P911 means parents are watching! Why does <4 mean "more than love"? What does DIAMOND HANDS mean? Send an encrypted message. Learn all the Snapchat emojis.
Search our site
What Does HELFIE Mean?HELFIE means "Hair Selfie." A HELFIE is a photographic self-portrait featuring the hair. HELFIES are usually posted after new hair cuts or hairstyles. HELFIES are often posted on social-media networks (usually Instagram). Many popular celebrities post HELFIES to show off their new hairstyles.
Image for HELFIEWhen I write HELFIE, I mean this: HELFIE is a portmanteau word formed from "hair" and "selfie."
Summary of Key Points"Hair Selfie" is the most common definition for HELFIE on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
Adults and Teenagers
Examples of HELFIE in SentencesHere is an example of HELFIE being used in a conversation:
- Tony: I can't seem to take a good HELFIE.
- Jordan: Go somewhere with good lighting. You need to show off your new hairstyle.
An Academic Look at HELFIEThe term HELFIE is a portmanteau word, which is the term for when two words are merged into one. (DOKE (from Diet Coke) is another example of a portmanteau word.)
The term HELFIE is an amalgam of the words "hair" and "selfie."
Evolution of the SELFIEHere is a 3-minute video showing how the SELFIE has evolved:
Example of HELFIE Used in a Text
"Cyber Speak" TestYou now know what HELFIE means, but are you good at Cyber Speak? Well, let's see!
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?