What is a COVIDIOT? Can sounds give you brain tingles? What is a man looking for younger girls called? What is an "Unexplained Drinking Injury (UDI)"? What does QQ mean? P911 means parents are watching! Why does <4 mean "more than love"? What does DIAMOND HANDS mean? Send an encrypted message. Learn all the Snapchat emojis.
Search our site
What Does FELFIE Mean?FELFIE means "Farmer Selfie." A FELFIE is a photographic self-portrait taken by a farmer. The FELFIE began as a way to put a face to farming to encourage buyers to source more locally. It is often said that the term was invented by William Wilson, a farmer's son, who started farmerselfies.com.
Image for FELFIEWhen I write FELFIE, I mean this: FELFIE is a portmanteau word formed from "farmer" and "selfie."
Summary of Key Points"Farmer Selfie" is the most common definition for FELFIE on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
Adults and Teenagers
Examples of FELFIE in SentencesHere is an example of FELFIE being used in a conversation:
- Tony: My prized goat won a show last week.
- Jordan: You should take a FELFIE with her!
An Academic Look at FELFIEThe term FELFIE is a portmanteau word, which is the term for when two words are merged into one. (DOKE (from Diet Coke) is another example of a portmanteau word.)
The term FELFIE is an amalgam of the words "farmer" and "selfie."
Evolution of the SELFIEHere is a 3-minute video showing how the SELFIE has evolved:
Example of FELFIE Used in a Text
"Cyber Speak" TestYou now know what FELFIE means, but are you good at Cyber Speak? Well, let's see!
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?