What is a COVIDIOT? Can sounds give you brain tingles? What is a man looking for younger girls called? What is an "Unexplained Drinking Injury (UDI)"? What does QQ mean? P911 means parents are watching! Why does <4 mean "more than love"? What does DIAMOND HANDS mean? Send an encrypted message. Learn all the Snapchat emojis.
Search our site
What Does HOLISTAY Mean?HOLISTAY means "Stay at Home Holiday."
The word HOLISTAY is the British-English version of STAYCATION. A HOLISTAY is usually a vacation spent at home, visiting attractions and participating in leisure activities that can be completed within one day. However, like STAYCATION, HOLISTAY is now also generally accepted to mean any vacation that does not involve overseas travel.
Although the word "vacation" is not widely used in the UK, the terms HOLISTAY and STAYCATION are used interchangeably.
HOLISTAYS are similar to DAYCATIONS.
Image for HOLISTAYWhen I write HOLISTAY, I mean this: A HOLISTAY is a vacation spent at home.
Summary of Key Points"Stay at Home Holiday" is the most common definition for HOLISTAY on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Here is some more information about HOLISTAY:
|Definition:||Stay at Home Holiday|
2: Quite easy to guess
Adults and Teenagers
Examples of HOLISTAY in SentencesHere are examples of HOLISTAY being used in conversations:
- Karen: I don't think we will have the money for a vacation this year.
- Harry: We have already told the kids, this year we will be having a HOLISTAY.
- Gail: We are going to visit every attraction in the state this summer.
- Fran: Sound like a great plan for a HOLISTAY!
An Academic Look at HOLISTAYAs it is formed by merging two words into one, HOLISTAY is classified as a portmanteau word. It is formed by amalgamating Holiday and Stay.
HOLISTAY is also a neologism (i.e., a newly coined word or phrase which has emerged into everyday usage). Some neologisms are formally accepted into mainstream language (at which point, they cease to be neologisms), and some wither until they can longer be considered everyday terms. A neologism can be:
- A completely new word (e.g., holistay).
- A new combination of existing words (e.g., digital detox).
- A new meaning for an existing word (e.g., sick).
Example of HOLISTAY Used in a Text
Help Us To Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?