What is a COVIDIOT? Can sounds give you brain tingles? What is a man looking for younger girls called? What is an "Unexplained Drinking Injury (UDI)"? What does QQ mean? P911 means parents are watching! Why does <4 mean "more than love"? What does DIAMOND HANDS mean? Send an encrypted message. Learn all the Snapchat emojis.
Search our site
What Does IMOO Mean?IMOO means "In My Own Opinion." The term IMOO, with the meaning "In My Own Opinion," is typically used to preface a comment in order to soften the delivery and to make the speaker appear less forthright. IMOO usually means "I'm not saying that I'm right, but this is what I believe."
Although it may appear that the person using IMOO is making a genuine attempt to avoid confrontation, the phrase is often used by people with passive aggressive personalities (i.e., people who mask their controlling or confrontational nature using non-emotive language).
Image for IMOOWhen I write IMOO, I mean this: IMOO often means "I think I'm right."
Summary of Key Points"In My Own Opinion" is the most common definition for IMOO on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||In My Own Opinion|
Adults and Teenagers
Examples of IMOO in SentencesHere are examples of the abbreviation IMOO being used in sentences:
- IMOO, Women spend more time wondering what men are thinking than men spend thinking.
- IMOO, I think that if I died and went straight to hell, it would take me at least a week to realize I wasn't at work anymore.
An Academic Look at IMOOIMOO is an initialism abbreviation. Technically, this means it is pronounced using its individual letters (i.e., Eye Emm Oh Oh), but as this is harder to say than "In My Own Opinion," it is not usually uttered using its letters. In other words, the abbreviation IMOO is for efficiency in writing and not efficiency in speech.
The abbreviation IMOO is a prepositional phrase (the preposition is in), which is used as an adverb to establish the setting for the main clause. Compare the examples below:
- In Paris, there often seems to be more tourists than residents. (Here, the prepositional phrase In Paris is an adverb of place.)
- IMOO, he is the worst player on the team. (Here, the prepositional phrase IMOO is an adverb of concession, which is similar in meaning to "although this is just my view.")
What Did We Say before Texting and Social Media?Before the digital era, we would have said something like "In My Opinion" or "As Far As I'm Concerned" instead of using the abbreviation IMOO.
Example of IMOO Used in a Text
Help Us To Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?