What Does OBOE Mean?Oboe means "Penis." In software design it means "Off-By-One Error." Here is more information about each of these definitions with examples.
PenisOn social media and chat forums, oboe means "penis." It is a slang term, usually combined with the color purple or pink, to leave no room for doubt. For example:
- Sam: Ali is very musically talented.
- Lee: An expert with the pink oboe too, I hear.
Off-By-One ErrorIn software design, OBOE is an acronym meaning "Off-By-One Error." In this context, OBOE refers to an error in logic error where a value is specified incorrectly and is either one more or one less than it should be.
- There are two hard things in computer science: cache invalidation, naming things, and OBOEs.
Image for OBOE
When I write OBOE, I mean this:
Summary of Key Points for the First Definition"Penis" is the most common definition for oboe on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
Adults and Teenagers
Summary of Key Points for the Second DefinitionIn computing, OBOE means "Off-By-One Error."
5: Extremely difficult to guess
Example of OBOE Used in a Text
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?
See AlsoCHOPPER (helicopter, idiot, penis) DRY (don't repeat yourself, uninteresting, without alcohol) EGGPLANT (penis) MVP (minimum viable product, most valuable player) ORM (object relational mapping) POC (person of color, point of contact, proof of concept) POP (attack or criticize, popular, proof of project) SOLID (dependable, software design principles, stupid) TAGRI (they ain't gonna read it) VITAMIN D (penis) WET (marijuana joint dipped in formaldehyde or pcp, ready for sex, write everything twice) YAGNI (you ain't gonna need it)
QuizTry our fun quiz to test your knowledge of slang and texting abbreviations.
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.