What Does YAGNI Mean?YAGNI means "You Ain't Gonna Need It."
The acronym YAGNI is used in coding as a reminder to developers not to add additional methods, functions and constructors they think may be needed in the future. Such practices are considered a waste of time because, more often than not, "you ain't gonna need it."
Image for YAGNI
When I write YAGNI, I mean this:
"You Ain't Gonna Need It"
Summary of Key Points"You Ain't Gonna Need It" is the most common definition for YAGNI on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||You Ain't Gonna Need It|
4: Difficult to guess
Example of YAGNI Used in a Text
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?
See AlsoDRY (don't repeat yourself, uninteresting, without alcohol) MVP (minimum viable product, most valuable player) OBOE (off-by-one error, penis) ORM (object relational mapping) POC (person of color, point of contact, proof of concept) POP (attack or criticize, popular, proof of project) SOLID (dependable, software design principles, stupid) TAGRI (they ain't gonna read it) WET (marijuana joint dipped in formaldehyde or pcp, ready for sex, write everything twice)
QuizTry our fun quiz to test your knowledge of slang and texting abbreviations.
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.