What is a COVIDIOT? Can sounds give you brain tingles? What is a man looking for younger girls called? What is an "Unexplained Drinking Injury (UDI)"? What does QQ mean? P911 means parents are watching! Why does <4 mean "more than love"? What does DIAMOND HANDS mean? Send an encrypted message. Learn all the Snapchat emojis.
Search our site
What Does PEBCAC Mean?PEBCAC means "Problem Exists Between Chair and Computer." PEBCAC is another way of saying "human error." It is typically used by IT professionals to declare that the hardware and software are all working fine, but the operator (i.e., the user) is an idiot.
Image for PEBCACWhen I write PEBCAC, I mean this: PEBCAC means "user error."
Summary of Key Points"Problem Exists Between Chair and Computer" is the most common definition for PEBCAC on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||Problem Exists Between Chair and Computer|
Adults and Teenagers
Examples of PEBCAC in SentencesHere are examples of PEBCAC being used in conversations:
- Charlie: My monitor wonít work on my computer.
- Jordan: PEBCAC. Try switching the monitor on. (In other words: "It is the userís fault. The monitor is fine.")
- Charlie: Stupid computer! All my icons have become really big on the desktop.
- Jordan: PEBCAC. You have probably clicked something in settings by mistake. (In other words: "It is not the computer that is the problem. It is you.")
An Academic Look at PEBCACPEBCAC is used as a standalone declarative sentence (i.e., a statement), which translates best as "The problem exists between the chair and the computer." Occasionally PEBCAC is used like a noun or an adjective. For example:
- That is definitely a PEBCAC. Donít blame the computer. (Here, PEBCAC is a noun.)
- This is a PEBCAC issue. (Here, PEBCAC is an adjective.)
What Did We Say before Texting and Social Media?Before the digital era, we might have said something like "human error" or instead of PEBCAC.
Example of PEBCAC Used in a Text
Help Us To Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?