What Does SEND Mean?SEND means "Special Educational Needs and Disabilities."
SEND is an acronym used in the UK to refer to children or young people who have learning difficulties or disabilities that make it harder for them to learn than most children of the same age.
Abbreviations with similar meanings include:
Image for SEND
When I write SEND, I mean this:
"Special Educational Needs and Disabilities"
Summary of Key Points"Special Educational Needs and Disabilities" is the most common definition for SEND on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||Special Educational Needs and Disabilities|
4: Difficult to guess
Adults and Teenagers
Example of SEND Used in a Text
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?
See AlsoCOED (coeducational) DARE (drug abuse resistance education) GCSE (general certificate of secondary education) GED (general educational development) IEP (individualised education program) NEA (national education association) NED (non-educated delinquent) NEET (not in education, employment or training) UNESCO (United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization)
QuizTry our fun quiz to test your knowledge of slang and texting abbreviations.
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.