What Does YTA Mean?YTA means "You're the Asshole."
The abbreviation YTA is widely used on social media with the meaning "You're the Asshole" to indicate to someone that they have behaved badly towards another person.
YTA is particularly popular on reddit.com, where people post their personal dilemmas on the AITA (Am I The Asshole?) subreddit and receive feedback from other users as to whether they have behaved badly ( r/AmItheAsshole). The verdict is determined by the highest number of responses accompanied by YTA or by one of the following abbreviations:
Image for YTA
When I write YTA, I mean this:
"You're the Asshole"
Summary of Key Points"You're the Asshole" is the most common definition for YTA on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Here is some more information about YTA.
|Definition:||You're the Asshole|
Adults and Teenagers
Example of YTA Used in a Text
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?
See AlsoAAB (arse about face) CBA (can't be arsed, cost-benefit analysis) NAH (no, no asshole here) NMF (not my fault) NYF (not your fault)
QuizTry our fun quiz to test your knowledge of slang and texting abbreviations.
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.