What is a COVIDIOT? Can sounds give you brain tingles? What is a man looking for younger girls called? What is an "Unexplained Drinking Injury (UDI)"? What does QQ mean? P911 means parents are watching! Why does <4 mean "more than love"? What does DIAMOND HANDS mean? Send an encrypted message. Learn all the Snapchat emojis.
Search our site
What Does AFAIC Mean?AFAIC means "As Far As I'm Concerned." The abbreviation AFAIC is typically used to introduce a statement to make it clear the statement is a personal opinion or to express a lack of interest in a subject. For example:
- AFAIC global warming is a hoax. (Here, AFAIC expresses personal opinion.)
- AFAIC you can do whatever you want. (Here, AFAIC expresses a lack of interest.)
Image for AFAICWhen I write AFAIC, I mean this: AFAIC is a caveat meaning "As far as I'm concerned…"
Summary of Key Points"As Far As I'm Concerned" is the most common definition for AFAIC on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||As Far As I'm Concerned|
Adults and Teenagers
Examples of AFAIC in SentencesHere are examples of AFAIC being used in conversation:
- Tom: AFAIC the most important people in the world are your children. After all, they will choose your rest home.
- Tom: Can I take the day off tomorrow?
- Anna: AFAIC you can. (Here, the caveat AFAIC leaves room for someone else to refuse the day off.)
An Academic Look at AFAICAFAIC is an initialism abbreviation. Technically, this means it is pronounced using its individual letters (i.e., Aay Eff Aay Eye Cee), but as this is harder to say than "As far as I'm concerned," it is not often uttered using its letters. In other words, the abbreviation AFAIC is for efficiency in writing and not efficiency in speech.
AFAIC is used like an adverb of concession, which is similar in meaning to "although this is just my view." When presented at the start of a sentence, an adverb of concession (or any adverbial phrase) is often followed by a comma to separate it from the main clause. However, in text speak or in online chat forums, this comma is usually omitted for brevity.
What Did We Say before Texting and Social Media?Before the digital era, we would have just said "As Far As I'm Concerned" or "From My Perspective" instead of using the abbreviation AFAIC.
Example of AFAIC Used in a Text
Help Us To Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?