What is a COVIDIOT? Can sounds give you brain tingles? What is a man looking for younger girls called? What is an "Unexplained Drinking Injury (UDI)"? What does QQ mean? P911 means parents are watching! Why does <4 mean "more than love"? What does DIAMOND HANDS mean? Send an encrypted message. Learn all the Snapchat emojis.
Search our site
What Does CWUYL Mean?CWUYL means "Chat With You Later." CWUYL is typically used to end a message or conversation. It is an informal way to say goodbye with the implication that a conversation will be continued at a later date.
Image for CWUYLWhen I write CWUYL, I mean this: CWUYL is an informal goodbye.
Summary of Key Points"Chat With You Later" is the most common definition for CWUYL on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||Chat With You Later|
Adults and Teenagers
Examples of CWUYL in SentencesHere are examples of CWUYL being used in conversations:
- Tony: I would love to chat more, but I have to go now. CWUYL.
- Jordan: Talk soon.
- Tony: I'll send my results as soon as I get them which should be this afternoon. CWUYL .
- Jordan: Yes, be sure you do!
An Academic Look at CWUYLCWUYL is an initialism abbreviation. Technically, this means it is pronounced using its individual letters (i.e., Cee Dublyu Yu Wy El), but as this is harder to say than "Chat to you later," it is not often uttered using its letters. In other words, the abbreviation CWUYL is for efficiency in writing and not efficiency in speech.
What Did We Say before Texting and Social Media?Before the digital era, we might have said something like "We will speak again soon" instead of CWUYL.
Example of CWUYL Used in a Text
"Cyber Speak" TestYou now know what CWUYL means, but are you good at Cyber Speak? Well, let's see!
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?