What is a COVIDIOT? Can sounds give you brain tingles? What is a man looking for younger girls called? What is an "Unexplained Drinking Injury (UDI)"? What does QQ mean? P911 means parents are watching! Why does <4 mean "more than love"? What does DIAMOND HANDS mean? Send an encrypted message. Learn all the Snapchat emojis.
Search our site
What Does DNO Mean?DNO means "Don't Know." The abbreviation DNO is commonly used to express undecision or that someone does not have an answer to a question. Sometimes it can be written as "dunno," which some believe led to the use of DNO as a shortened version. Occasionally, it can be used to express anger at something that has happened. (For example, "I don't know. It doesn't matter how many times I ask her not to use my cup she still does it.")
When applied to a group of people, (e.g., people voting in an opinion poll) those who are undecided can be known collectively as the "don't knows."
Image for DNOWhen I write DNO, I mean this: DNO means you are undecided or have no answer to a question.
Summary of Key Points"Don't Know" is the most common definition for DNO on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
2: Quite easy to guess
Adults and Teenagers
Examples of DNO in SentencesHere are examples of DNO being used in conversations:
- Sophie: Tell me a joke.
- Hannah: I used to think I was indecisive, but now I DNO.
- Sophie: Don't give up your day job!
- Carol: What do you call a Chinese baby who arrives before their due date?
- Nick: DNO.
- Carol: Sudden Lee.
An Academic Look at DNODNO is an acronym (i.e., an abbreviation spoken like a word). Acronyms differ from initialism abbreviations, which are pronounced using their individual letters.
What Did We Say before Texting and Social Media?Before the digital era, we would have just said "I don't know" instead of DNO.
Example of DNO Used in a Text
"Cyber Speak" TestYou now know what DNO means, but are you good at Cyber Speak? Well, let's see!
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?