What Does OBVO Mean?The term OBVO is a contraction of the word "Obviously."
OBVO is typically seen as a single word reply to an obvious statement or question. It often implies disdain or condescension. For example:
- Sam: You look great tonight.
- Jo: OBVO.
- Mel: My new date is blind and deaf.
- Lee: OBVO.
Image for OBVO
When I write OBVO, I mean this:
OBVO is often used disdainfully or condescendingly.
Summary of Key Points"Obviously" is the most common definition for OBVO on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
2: Quite easy to guess
Adults and Teenagers
An Academic Look at OBVOOBVO is a contraction of the word obviously.Some contractions use letters of the fully expanded word in sequence. Other contractions use letters from the start and end of the fully expanded version (e.g., Dr). Contractions can also be formed by replacing a letter or letters with an apostrophe (e.g., can't).
For reasons of brevity, contractions are rarely followed by periods/full stops and apostrophes are routinely omitted in text-based conversations.
Example of OBVO Used in a Text
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?
QuizTry our fun quiz to test your knowledge of slang and texting abbreviations.
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.