What Does VALSPEAK Mean?VALSPEAK means "San Fernando Valley Social Dialect."
Valley Speak (or "Valspeak") is a dialect which emerged in the San Fernando Valley are of San Francisco in the 1970s. It is primarily associated with valley girls, but elements of it are used by other demographics, including men.
Valspeak became a worldwide fad in the 1980s and 1990s. It is characterized by a rising intonation at the end of a sentence and by the use of a specific vocabulary, elements of which have been widely assimilated into the English language and are still used throughout the English-speaking world. Such terms include:
- Gross (meaning "disgusting").
- Like (meaning "similar to," or "ummm").
- Totally (meaning "very," "really," or "I agree").
- Whatever (meaning "so what?").
- Leanne: That is totally, like, gross!
- Rose: Whatever.
Image for VALSPEAK
When I write VALSPEAK, I mean this:
"San Fernando Valley Social Dialect "
Summary of Key Points"San Fernando Valley Social Dialect " is the most common definition for VALSPEAK/VALLEY SPEAK on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||San Fernando Valley Social Dialect|
Adults and Teenagers
Example of VALSPEAK/VALLEY SPEAK Used in a Text
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?
See AlsoAIRHEAD (foolish person) CBD (cannabidiol, cute but dumb) DOOFUS (stupid person) DOPE (awesome, marijuana, stupid person) ESOL (English for speakers of other languages) KISS (keep it simple, stupid) QUILT (weak or stupid) SIMP (submissive man, stupid person, squirrels in my pants) TESOL (teaching English to speakers of other languages) THICK (big, curvy and sexy, stupid)
QuizTry our fun quiz to test your knowledge of slang and texting abbreviations.
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.