What is a COVIDIOT? Can sounds give you brain tingles? What is a man looking for younger girls called? What is an "Unexplained Drinking Injury (UDI)"? What does QQ mean? P911 means parents are watching! Why does <4 mean "more than love"? What does DIAMOND HANDS mean? Send an encrypted message. Learn all the Snapchat emojis.
Search our site
What Does BMI Mean?BMI means "Body Mass Index."
The Body Mass Index (BMI) is a measure of body fat based on height and weight that applies to adult men and women. It is calculated by dividing your weight (in kilograms) by the square of your height (in meters).
Check your BMI with this BMI calculator provided by Mathematics Monster:
- The world's tallest man (8ft 11in).
- The world's smallest man (21in).
- The world's heaviest man (92st 10lb).
- The world's lightest man (1st 1lb).
BMI screens for weight categories that may lead to health problems. On its own, BMI doesn't diagnose the body fatness or health of an individual. However, when lifestyle factors are taken into consideration it may give a good indication of potential health problems. For example, a health-conscious, rugby player with a lot of muscle mass probably doesn't need to worry about their high BMI score. However, a well-upholstered, salad dodging, deep-fried couch potato probably does have to worry (despite the fact they may have been blessed with high muscle mass).
Here are examples of BMI being used in conversations:
- Toni: According to the BMI scale, you are too fat.
- Jo: No, that's not true. According to the BMI scale, I'm too short.
- Sam: What did the doctor say?
- Ali: According to his BMI chart, I need to lose 20 cable channels.
Image for BMIWhen I write BMI, I mean this: BMI is is a measure of body fat based on height and weight.
Summary of Key Points"Body Mass Index" is the most common definition for BMI on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||Body Mass Index|
Example of BMI Used in a Text
Help Us To Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?