What is a COVIDIOT? Can sounds give you brain tingles? What is a man looking for younger girls called? What is an "Unexplained Drinking Injury (UDI)"? What does QQ mean? P911 means parents are watching! Why does <4 mean "more than love"? What does DIAMOND HANDS mean? Send an encrypted message. Learn all the Snapchat emojis.
Search our site
What Does Cloud Mean?Cloud means "Online Computing."
In the context of technology, "cloud" refers to "cloud computing," which is a model of data storage and access where data is stored online, on remote servers, rather than on a user's local machine or personal hardware. These servers are maintained, operated, and managed by a cloud computing provider on a network (typically the Internet).
Rather than keeping files on a proprietary hard drive or local storage device, cloud-based storage makes it possible to save them to a remote database. As long as an electronic device has access to the web, it has access to the data and the software programs to run it.
Image for CloudWhen I write Cloud, I mean this: The cloud is a model of data storage and access where data is stored on remote servers.
Summary of Key Points"Online Computing" is the most common definition for Cloud on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Type:||Slang Word (Jargon)|
2: Quite easy to guess
Adults and Teenagers
An Academic Look at CloudWhen used in this context, "cloud" is a neologism. A neologism is a newly coined word or phrase that has recently come into use or has been created to describe a new concept, idea, or phenomenon. Neologisms can be created in any language and can take different forms, such as:
- A new meaning for an existing word (e.g., cloud, mood, sick, tweet, viral).
- A completely new word (e.g., fomo, selfie, emoji).
- A new combination of existing words, or words with prefixes or suffixes (e.g., cloutrage, digital detox, situationship, oversharing, antifragile).
Example of Cloud Used in a Text
"Cyber Speak" TestYou now know what Cloud means, but are you good at Cyber Speak? Well, let's see!
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?