What Does EOP Mean?EOP means "End of Play."
The abbreviation EOP is used in financial markets and business circles with the meaning "End of Play." EOP is the end of the business day.
Other abbreviations with similar meanings to EOP include:
- COB (Close Of Business).
- COP (Close Of Play).
- EBD (End of Business Day).
- EOB (End Of Business).
- EOD (End Of Day).
Image for EOP
When I write EOP, I mean this:
"End of Play"
Summary of Key Points"End of Play" is the most common definition for EOP on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||End of Play|
An Academic Look at EOPEOP is an initialism abbreviation. Technically, this means it is pronounced using its individual letters (i.e., Ee, Oh, Pee). However, as the abbreviation EOP is typically used for efficiency in writing and not efficiency in speech, it is not often spoken using its letters.
Initialisms contrast with acronyms, which are spoken like words.
What Did We Say before Texting and Social Media?Before the digital era, we might have just said "end of play" or something like "close of business," instead of using the abbreviation EOP.
Example of EOP Used in a Text
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?
See AlsoBBB (better business bureau, bored beyond belief, bugging beyond belief, bullsh*t baffles brains) BSNS (business) IBM (international business machines corporation) LOB (long bob (haircut), line of business, throw, erection) NOTB (none of their business)
QuizTry our fun quiz to test your knowledge of slang and texting abbreviations.
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.