UP SHIT CREEK
What Does "Up Shit Creek" Mean?"Up Shit Creek" means "In a Troublesome Situation or Predicament."
"Up shit creek" is a part of the phrase "up shit creek without a paddle." If someone is described as being "up shit creek," it means they're in a troublesome situation or predicament that is difficult to escape from. Adding "without a paddle" emphasizes the difficulty of the situation further, as it implies that the person has no means or resources to extricate themselves from the predicament, just as a person in a canoe without a paddle would have trouble navigating a creek. For example:
- Jo: When they find out he did have classified documents that he shouldn't have had, he will be up shit creek.
- Sam: I think you're forgetting he could swim in shit creek and come out smelling of roses.
Check out our complete guide to talking shit.
Image for Up Shit Creek
When I write Up Shit Creek, I mean this:
"In a Troublesome Situation or Predicament"
Summary of Key Points"In a Troublesome Situation or Predicament" is the most common definition for Up Shit Creek on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Up Shit Creek|
|Definition:||In a Troublesome Situation or Predicament|
Adults and Teenagers
Example of Up Shit Creek Used in a Text
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?
See AlsoDOGSHIT (poor quality, worthless, or disappointing) FEEL SHIT (feel bad, unwell, or miserable) GIVE A SHIT (expression of concern or lack of interest) GOOD SHIT (high quality or excellent) HOLY SHIT (expression of surprise, astonishment, or disbelief) HORSESHIT (untrue, deceptive, or without merit) HOTSHIT (impressive, exceptional, or highly skilled) JACK SHIT (nothing or anything at all) NO SHIT (acknowledgment of an obvious statement) PIECE OF SHIT (utterly contemptible or worthless)
QuizTry our fun quiz to test your knowledge of slang and texting abbreviations.
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.