What Does "No Shit" Mean?"No shit" is an acknowledgment of an obvious statement.
The term "no shit" is an informal expression used to convey agreement, confirmation, or acknowledgment of a statement that is obvious or widely known. It is often employed to indicate that the information being shared is not surprising or unexpected.
"No shit" is typically used in a casual or sarcastic manner to emphasize agreement or to imply that the statement being made is already well-known or self-evident. For example:
- Toni: "It's raining outside."
- Jo: "No shit, Sherlock!"
- Sam: "The test results came back positive. You have Covid."
- Ali: "No shit! I've been feeling terrible all week."
"No shit" contains a mildly vulgar element and can be seen as informal or colloquial. It's advisable to use it with caution and consider the context and the people you are communicating with to avoid causing any offense.
Check out our complete guide to talking shit.
Image for No Shit
When I write No Shit, I mean this:
"Acknowledgment of an Obvious Statement"
Summary of Key Points"Acknowledgment of an Obvious Statement" is the most common definition for No Shit on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||Acknowledgment of an Obvious Statement|
1: Easy to guess
Adults and Teenagers
Example of No Shit Used in a Text
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?
See AlsoSHITLOAD (large amount or number of something) SHIT ON (treat poorly or unfairly) SHITPOST (post poor quality content online) SHITSTORM (a chaotic or controversial situation) SHIT YOU NOT (expression of honesty or sincerity) THE SHIT (impressive, excellent, the best) THE SHIT HIT THE FAN (a difficult or controversial situation suddenly caused a lot of trouble ) TOUGH SHIT (expression of lack of sympathy) UP SHIT CREEK (in a troublesome situation or predicament)
QuizTry our fun quiz to test your knowledge of slang and texting abbreviations.
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.