What Does "Holy Shit" Mean?"Holy shit" is an expression of surprise, astonishment, or disbelief.
The term "holy shit" is an informal and colloquial expression that is used to convey a strong sense of surprise, astonishment, or disbelief. It is an exclamation often uttered when someone is caught off guard or confronted with something unexpected or remarkable.
"Holy shit" can be used to emphasize a wide range of situations, from positive and exciting events to negative and shocking ones. It is a colorful phrase that adds emphasis and intensity to one's reaction. For example:
- "Holy shit! I just won the lottery!"
- "Did you see that incredible goal? Holy shit, it was amazing!"
- "Holy shit! My parents are home!"
Check out our complete guide to talking shit.
Image for Holy Shit
When I write Holy Shit, I mean this:
"Expression of Surprise, Astonishment, or Disbelief"
Summary of Key Points"Expression of Surprise, Astonishment, or Disbelief" is the most common definition for Holy Shit on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||Expression of Surprise, Astonishment, or Disbelief|
1: Easy to guess
Adults and Teenagers
Example of Holy Shit Used in a Text
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?
See AlsoSHITLOAD (large amount or number of something) SHIT ON (treat poorly or unfairly) SHITPOST (post poor quality content online) SHITSTORM (a chaotic or controversial situation) SHIT YOU NOT (expression of honesty or sincerity) THE SHIT (impressive, excellent, the best) THE SHIT HIT THE FAN (a difficult or controversial situation suddenly caused a lot of trouble ) TOUGH SHIT (expression of lack of sympathy) UP SHIT CREEK (in a troublesome situation or predicament)
QuizTry our fun quiz to test your knowledge of slang and texting abbreviations.
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.