What is a COVIDIOT? Can sounds give you brain tingles? What is a man looking for younger girls called? What is an "Unexplained Drinking Injury (UDI)"? What does QQ mean? P911 means parents are watching! Why does <4 mean "more than love"? What does DIAMOND HANDS mean? Send an encrypted message. Learn all the Snapchat emojis.
Search our site
What Does 182 Mean?182 is a cyber term which is typically used with the meaning "I Hate You" to express feelings of intense dislike. However, 182 can also be used ironically. In such cases it is often used in response to someone's good fortune, expressing good-natured jealousy rather than actual dislike. For example:
- Sam: It's not you, it's me.
- Jo: 182. You have wasted my life. (Here, 182 expresses genuine dislike.)
- Toni: Dave sent me 12 roses and a giant panda for Valentine's Day!
- Jordan: 182! All I got was a measly card. (Here, 182 expresses good-natured jealousy.)
Other ways of saying "I Hate You" include:
Image for 182When I write 182, I mean this: 182 may also be used ironically.
Summary of Key Points"I Hate You" is the most common definition for 182 on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||I Hate You|
Adults, Teenagers, and Under 13s
Examples of 182 in SentencesHere are examples of 182 being used in conversations:
- Bill: Want to grab a beer after work tonight?
- Sam: I can't.
- Bill: Why not?
- Sam: Because 182.
- Sal: I can't believe you did that. 182!
- Toni: Hating people takes too much energy. You should do as I do with you. I just pretend your dead.
An Academic Look at 182182 is defined as a cyber term, because some of its characters are used as substitutes for letters. Most cyber terms were introduced to reduce the number of key strokes required to write the word, but since the arrival of predictive texting and keyboards on mobile devices, this efficiency is no longer required. Nevertheless, cyber terms are still regularly used to make messages more entertaining or to express individuality.
Cyber terms differ from emoticons because they are not pictorial representations.
"I Hate You" is typically used as a standalone declarative sentence. It is not often used as another part of speech within a wider sentence.
What Did We Say before Texting and Social Media?Before the digital era, we would have just said "I Hate You" or something like "I Really Don't Like You" instead of using 182.
Using Numbers in TextsThis video shows the different ways that numbers are used in "text speak":
Example of 182 Used in a Text
"Cyber Speak" TestYou now know what 182 means, but are you good at Cyber Speak? Well, let's see!
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?