What Does DTR Mean?DTR means "Define the Relationship."
DTR is a term used in romantic relationships when a couple have a conversation about where their relationship is going (i.e., do they have a future as a couple and, if not, are they both okay with that?)
Check out our comprehensive list of dating terms.
Image for DTR
When I write DTR, I mean this:
"Define the Relationship"
Summary of Key Points"Define the Relationship" is the most common definition for DTR on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||Define the Relationship|
4: Difficult to guess
Adults and Teenagers
Example of DTR Used in a Text
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?
See AlsoSaying "I Love You" BREADCRUMBING (sending messages in order to lead someone on, but with no intent of a serious relationship) CUFFED (caught, married (or in a relationship)) CUSHIONING (maintaining alternative romantic relationships) ENTANGLEMENT (complicated romantic relationship) HARD LAUNCH (explicit announcement of a romantic relationship) LOCKERING (using academic studies as an excuse for cooling a relationship) MONKEY (someone who moves quickly from one relationship to the next.) SOFT LAUNCH (subtle announcement of a romantic relationship) THIRSTY (desperate for a relationship)
QuizTry our fun quiz to test your knowledge of slang and texting abbreviations.
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.