What Does "The Shit" Mean?"The Shit" means "Impressive, Excellent, The Best."
"The shit" is an informal and vulgar slang term used to express that something is impressive, excellent, or the best. For example:
- Jo: That pizza was the shit!
- Sam: I'm not sure it was quite that good, but the relish was the shit!
Despite the positive meaning of "the shit," because of its vulgarity it is not appropriate in formal, professional, or polite conversation.
Check out our complete guide to talking shit.
Image for The Shit
When I write The Shit, I mean this:
"Impressive, Excellent, The Best"
Summary of Key Points"Impressive, Excellent, The Best" is the most common definition for The Shit on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||Impressive, Excellent, The Best|
Adults and Teenagers
Example of The Shit Used in a Text
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?
See AlsoAPESHIT (state of extreme anger, excitement, or agitation) AS SHIT (expression of intensity or emphasis) BATSHIT (irrational, crazy, or mentally unstable) BULLSHIT (false, deceptive, exaggerated, or nonsensical) CHICKENSHIT (cowardly, timid, or unimportant) CRAZY SHIT (extremely unusual, bizarre, or unexpected) DEEP SHIT (extremely difficult, problematic, or serious situation) DIPSHIT (foolish, idiotic, or incompetent person) DOGSHIT (poor quality, worthless, or disappointing) FEEL SHIT (feel bad, unwell, or miserable)
QuizTry our fun quiz to test your knowledge of slang and texting abbreviations.
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.